PGP is a proprietary Broadcom product (Was: Can't synchronize keys using Seahorse)

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Feb 24 10:42:14 CET 2022

Am Donnerstag 17 Februar 2022 17:18:58 schrieb Robert J. Hansen via
Gnupg-users:

> or whichever corporate entity owned the PGP intellectual property at the
> time.  Network Associates gave way to PGP Security gave way to Symantec
> gave way to...

As far as I know, it is Broadcom since a few years
https://techdocs.broadcom.com/us/en/symantec-security-software/information-security/pgp-solutions/1-0.html

A reminder again to use "OpenPGP" when refering to the open crypto standard.

Regards,
Bernhard