TB weirdness

Vincent Breitmoser look at my.amazin.horse
Thu Feb 24 13:27:08 CET 2022

> Overall I believe that attaching pubkeys (like autocrypt proposes) is not a
> good idea (the arguments put forward elsewhere).

For the record, Autocrypt does not attach public keys, it includes them in
headers. I concur that attaching public keys is a bad idea.

> apparently, Thunderbird is a big fan of attaching public certificates
> (and/or revocation certificates, for revoked keys) to outgoing emails
> for *every private certificate on your keyring*, regardless of whether
> that private key is actually associated with the account in question.

I haven't tested this myself but from a quick check with someone who uses
Thunderbird they couldn't verify this claim. Maybe this just happens on some
versions? Either way I wouldn't assume it's intended behavior.

 - V