TB weirdness

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Feb 24 17:08:49 CET 2022

Hi Vincent,

Am Donnerstag 24 Februar 2022 13:27:08 schrieb Vincent Breitmoser via
Gnupg-users:
> > Overall I believe that attaching pubkeys (like autocrypt proposes) is not
> > a good idea (the arguments put forward elsewhere).
>
> For the record, Autocrypt does not attach public keys, it includes them in
> headers.

Thanks for the correction.

> I concur that attaching public keys is a bad idea.

I've meant that conveying the pubkey with each email is suboptimal,
may it be in the header, as attachment or elsewhere. This is what autocrypt
does if I remember correctly.

> I haven't tested this myself but from a quick check with someone who uses
> Thunderbird they couldn't verify this claim. Maybe this just happens on
> some versions? Either way I wouldn't assume it's intended behavior.

This is helpful information, I agree that we should have more specific
information because we can "warn" about the behaviour.
Do you know which version was tested by chance?

Best Regards,
Bernhard