TB weirdness

naicam|ne naicamine at sl4mm3r5.com
Fri Feb 25 01:04:20 CET 2022

When I want to sign or encrypt a message, I am still a fan of writing it
out and performing these actions from within gpa, and then cutting and
pasting the encrypted text into my messages.

Any other method leaves you to trust third parties to handle your keys
responsibly which has been proven time and again unreliable, as is being
pointed out here.

No, it doesn't encrypt MIME data or attachments, and I feel like that is
desirable. I don't personally want my MIME data or signature to be
encrypted. They are predictable anyway and that is a major liability.
You can encrypt your attachments independently.

Unfortunately, Thunderbird has for a while now flagged "inline
encryption" as of questionable integrity, partly since the MIME data
isn't verifiable.

--