Side-channel attacks

vedaal at nym.hush.com vedaal at nym.hush.com
Mon Jan 17 02:55:19 CET 2022

On 1/16/2022 at 6:12 PM, "Robert J. Hansen via Gnupg-users"  wrote:On
this mailing list we sometimes see requests for help from people
running dangerously antique versions of GnuPG.  Wasn't all that long
ago
I was asked for help with something in the 1.2 series (!!).  Without
exception, our first response is usually "for the love of God,
upgrade!"

They rarely do.  It's worked fine for them for a decade or more, and
they're not going to change...

=====

There is also the vulnerability of the 'shortcut' of decrypting
symmetric encryption, and how that needed to be upgraded to versions
where it was fixed.

Vedaal