Side-channel attacks

Стефан Васильев stefan.vasilev at posteo.ru
Tue Jan 18 20:20:56 CET 2022

Johan Wevers wrote:

> On 17-01-2022 0:09, Robert J. Hansen via Gnupg-users wrote:
>
>> I was asked for help with something in the 1.2 series (!!).  Without
>> exception, our first response is usually "for the love of God,
>> upgrade!"
>>
>> They rarely do.  It's worked fine for them for a decade or more, and
>> they're not going to change...
>
> Well, a bit more respect for backwards compatibility would help a lot
> by
> that. Now I'm forced to keep an 1.4 and pgp 2.6 version installed just
> to be able to read all my old data. Some people just refuse to update
> versions that routinely break backwards compatibility.

I know from people that they use GnuPG 1.4 (Windows) for portability on
a USB stick and therefore it could be run in a native Windows 10
sandbox,
while also running a Tor hidden service in the sandbox, to communicate
encrypted, without relying on third party client/server models via VPS
or
major email providers.

Is it possible to do that with the latest gpg4win?

Regards
Stefan