GnuPG 2.2.36 released

Ralph Seichter ralph at ml.seichter.de
Thu Jul 7 05:35:57 CEST 2022

* Werner Koch via Gnupg-users:

> This is a quick announcement that a new GnuPG release for 2.2 is
> available.

GnuPG for OS X / macOS version 2.2.36 is now available via the URL
https://sourceforge.net/projects/gpgosx/files/ .

This is the first relase since Patrick Brunschwig passed stewardship of
the project to me, so please note the following changes:

1.) Starting today, disk images (*.dmg) are signed with a new ed25519
key (EAB0FE4FF793D9E7028EC8E2FD56297D9833FF7F). This key has been
uploaded to pgp.mit.edu today, but the site is once again very sluggish
and it might take a while to sync the key to other pool members. For
this reason, I'll include the public key here:

2.) The Install.pkg file included in the disk image is unsigned, because
I have not subscribed to Apple's developer program. I am not sure yet if
I will do so in the future. Thus, it might be necessary to right-click
on Install.pkg and using the popup menu instead of double-clicking,
depending on the version of macOS you are using.

Should you wish to contact me off-list regarding the GnuPG for OS X
project, please send mail to "gpgosx ~AT~ seichter ~DOT~ de".

-Ralph