GnuPG 2.2.36 released

Andrew Gallagher andrewg at andrewg.com
Thu Jul 7 23:50:26 CEST 2022

> On 7 Jul 2022, at 04:47, Ralph Seichter via Gnupg-users <gnupg-users at gnupg.org> wrote:
>
> 1.) Starting today, disk images (*.dmg) are signed with a new ed25519
> key (EAB0FE4FF793D9E7028EC8E2FD56297D9833FF7F). This key has been
> uploaded to pgp.mit.edu today, but the site is once again very sluggish
> and it might take a while to sync the key to other pool members. For
> this reason, I'll include the public key here:

As of 2130Z today this key still had not reached pgpkeys.eu, so I have just uploaded it there by hand; most other syncing servers should have it within the hour. I can see it is also available on keys.openpgp.org.

Sadly, I would recommend against the use of pgp.mit.edu, as it is one of the most consistently unreliable keyservers. The graphs at https://spider.pgpkeys.eu/graphs now show a crude “N nines” reliability estimate for each available keyserver - this is based on an hourly poll and is only capable of resolving up to three nines, but it should give you a rough guide to which keyservers have a track record of responsiveness.