Error importing fetching key from wkd

Konstantin Ryabitsev konstantin at linuxfoundation.org
Wed Jun 1 23:52:24 CEST 2022

On Tue, May 31, 2022 at 12:17:05PM -0400, Todd Zullinger via Gnupg-users wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> I wrote:
> > Dirk Gottschalk via Gnupg-users wrote:
> >> A workaround for this is to download the SRPM, remove the
> >> line '--disable-brainpool' and rebuild the package.
> >
> > Ahh, excellent.  That's a relatively recent change.  It's
> > available in the Fedora (and RHEL) libgcrypt-1.10 packages
> > which I believe are only in the freshly released Fedora 36
> > and RHEL 9.
>
> For the future, you can now rebuild the libgcrypt rpm from
> Fedora 36 with brainpool support without having to edit the
> spec file manually¹.  You can pass `--with brainpool` to the
> rpmbuild command, e.g.:
>
>     rpmbuild -rb --with brainbpool /path/to/libcgrypt.src.rpm
>
> Hopefully that makes life just a little easier for folks
> using Fedora who want or need brainpool support.

FYI, I also provide gnupg22-static and gnupg23-static packages that can be
rebuilt and installed on RHEL 7+ (though I haven't tried on RHEL9):

https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/icon/lfit/packages/

They install into /opt and can be used directly as /opt/gnupg22/bin/gpg (and
others).

-Konstantin