gnupg2 vs gnupg

Frank gnupg at shoran-und-alira.de
Fri Jun 3 15:11:17 CEST 2022

> Here's where I hate to sound like a jerk, but I can't help you.  I'm
> not an AIX guy and I don't do packaging for it.  This is a packaging
> issue, not a GnuPG one.  :(
>
> There might be an AIX person on the list who can help, but I'm unable to.

No worries, sometimes it is just like that. And you are not a jerk,
because it is not your wheelhouse.
In parallel I am hitting the IBM OpenSource Community and got an
answer that I find discouraging:
>> The libraries compiled with xlc won't provide some of the symbols
>> which gcc built libraries needs.
>> But it can work the other way around.
>> To resolve the current issue you would need to have the Toolbox
>> dependent libraries installed or build the dependent libraries with
>> gcc.

I admit, I do not understand what they are saying with 'gcc compiled symbols'.
Is here anyone who knows anything about that? And most preferably, how
to make xlc or xlclang++ generate those symbols?

Kind regards
Frank