configure script ELF visibility

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Jun 9 09:49:39 CEST 2022

On Fri,  3 Jun 2022 18:05, Frank said:

> And I am currently eyeing at the 'ELF visibility' check in the
> configure script.

That is pretty old code from 2007.  I do not remember any details; it is
possible that this is based on Uli Drepper's original paper.  it was
originally implemented for Libgcrypt - but the code is the same.

> I cannot find confdefs.h or conftest.* to see what a manual compile
> would result in.

If the conftests runs into an error, it is dumped to the config.log.  If
I want to debug such things, I usually have the configure script to stop
right after the test.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner

--
The pioneers of a warless world are the youth that
refuse military service.             - A. Einstein