configure script ELF visibility

Ángel angel at pgp.16bits.net
Mon Jun 6 02:30:33 CEST 2022

On 2022-06-03 at 18:05 +0200, Frank wrote:
> Hi,
>
> can someone explain the configure script to me?
> I am still looking for a way to make my libgpg-error and libassuan
> (see gnupg2 vs gnupg) work with the 'darn' IBM dnf compilation.
(...)

It's not the Right Way™, but since you apparently already have a
working gnupg package, you could create a dummy package containing no
files (hopefully that won't fail compiling) that provides that gnupg2
dependency so that whatever package needs it is happy.
If their gnupg2 package uses gpg2 as binary name a manual symlink would
suffice (but I wouldn't be surprised if gnupg2 package installed it
with gpg name)

Regards