Error importing fetching key from wkd

Dirk Gottschalk dirk.gottschalk1980 at googlemail.com
Sun May 29 20:24:38 CEST 2022

Hello Todd.

Am Samstag, dem 28.05.2022 um 16:14 -0400 schrieb Todd Zullinger via
Gnupg-users:
> Hi,
>
> Werner Koch via Gnupg-users wrote:
> > On Wed, 25 May 2022 22:58, Dirk Gottschalk said:

[...]

> > Note the Brainpool curves.  Seems that Redhat still patches them
> > out of
> > libgcrypt.
>
> The question of whether these curves can be kept in Fedora
> was brought up on the fedora-legal list some time ago.  The
> most recent status update¹ from Fedora Project Leader
> Matthew Miller on January 28, 2022 says:
>
>     Sooooo, these things move slowly, but this _is_ being
>     worked on. I'll let you know when I can.
>
> That sounds midly hopeful.  With luck, the curves will be
> cleared for inclusion (at least eventually, even it not
> terribly soon).

A workaround for this is to download the SRPM, remove the line '--
disable-brainpool' and rebuild the package.

Regards,
Dirk

--
Dirk Gottschalk

GPG key Fingerprint: 7C5B 9D53 EED5 C7B3 A291 D5AA 086B 3660 27E3 5D06
Keyoxide: https://keyoxide.org/7C5B9D53EED5C7B3A291D5AA086B366027E35D06

GitHub: https://github.com/Dirk1980ac