Error importing fetching key from wkd

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Sun May 29 21:19:48 CEST 2022

Hi,

Dirk Gottschalk via Gnupg-users wrote:
> A workaround for this is to download the SRPM, remove the
> line '--disable-brainpool' and rebuild the package.

Ahh, excellent.  That's a relatively recent change.  It's
available in the Fedora (and RHEL) libgcrypt-1.10 packages
which I believe are only in the freshly released Fedora 36
and RHEL 9.

Previous releases contained a 'hobbled' libgcrypt tarball
where the brainpool curves were removed entirely.  (That's
the usual practice for items which cannot be included for
legal reasons.)

It's good to see things are moving in the right direction,
at least.

--
Todd