How to batch generate ed25519 keys ?

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Fri Oct 7 23:11:57 CEST 2022

On Freitag, 7. Oktober 2022 16:20:11 CEST Denis Iskandarov via Gnupg-users
wrote:
> How to generate ed25519 keys using "gpg --full-generate-key --batch"
> command?
[...]
> Sad that there are no clear instructions/docs for that, or it is required
> to learn all docs by heart and make PhD for all related crypto libs and
> apps. But if you give me some info I hopefully will be able to compile some
> little article. Just tired that 99% of all examples on the internet use RSA
> and "--quick-gen-key".

The instructions are pretty clear: Use --quick-gen-key instead of --full-
generate-key. If you use gpg 2.3, then you won't even have to specify the
algorithm because ed25519/cv25519 will be used by default.

Regards,
Ingo