symmetric encryption of '[stdin]' failed

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Oct 17 07:39:05 CEST 2022

On Sat, 15 Oct 2022 12:50, Robert J. Hansen said:

> Because GnuPG 2.x already starts the daemon.  It should be running by
> the time you finish logging into your system.

Further the gpg-agent is responsible to compute the iteration count for
our KDF.  That takes at least 100ms and thus either a long running
process needs to do that or we would need to store it somewhere with all
the troubles to keep it in sync in case the GNUPGHOME is on shared drive
(usually not a good idea but sometimes required)

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner

--
The pioneers of a warless world are the youth that
refuse military service.             - A. Einstein