GPG problem

Shaoping Xie sp_xie at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 24 23:21:11 CEST 2022

Hi Bernhard,
    It seems that the problem was caused by "sudo su":        For some reason on Linux Redhad 8, "sodu su" does not behave as in the earlier version.
            There is no difference between "sudo su - XYZ" and "sudo su XYZ".

    Actually, I failed to generate the key pair when I logged on the system and then sudo-ed su to the working ID. I had to log on the system as the working ID to generate the key pair successfully.
    Again, I had to decrypt the files by logging on the system as the working ID.
    The behavior of sudo in Redhad 8 may be due to some configuration issues.
    Thank you for reply!    Shaoping

    On Monday, October 24, 2022 at 11:29:58 AM EDT, Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de> wrote:

 Hello Shaoping Xie,

> gpg: public key decryption failed: Permission denied

if your keypair has a passphrase set,
did an interactive pinentry come up?

(If you want to run unattended, one method is to not set a passphrase
and secure the system accordingly.)

> I was puzzled at the output from “gpg –export-secret-key”.

Probably the same problem.

Regards,
Bernhard

--
https://intevation.de/~bernhard   +49 541 33 508 3-3
Geschäftsführer Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter