Difference between versions--Question

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Wed Jan 4 02:08:12 CET 2023

> It would be helpful to know why I can't get compression in my build.
> I've tried to build from source three times now.

The answer is very simple: because you are building it incorrectly.  We
can provide you with the answers, but we can't give you the software
development skills needed to correctly use the answers.

> There are so many packages in Ubuntu with zip, zlib, and bzip2 in the
> name I can't begin to try them all. I've looked at config.log and it
> doesn't give much help.

If you're unable to recognize which packages provide development headers
for common system libraries, that would be a sign your skill level is
not up to this task.

This isn't to say you shouldn't learn.  Learning is good, even
essential!  It's only to say the problem isn't with GnuPG.