get OpenPGP pubkeys authenticated using German personal ID

Neal H. Walfield neal at walfield.org
Wed Jun 14 10:44:57 CEST 2023

On Wed, 14 Jun 2023 10:22:36 +0200,
Andre Heinecke via Gnupg-users wrote:
> And the link to the website how to get a PGP Software linking to that fishy
> "openpgp.org" website which lists Gpg4win as "Outlook software" on the same
> level with Gpg4o? And which links to Claws mail as PGP software to get a Key?
> WTF.. has no one even checked how a user with no technical understanding
> should navigate this? I mean would 2-3 Screenshots how to generate a PGP key
> be too much to ask instead of loosing the user on a confusing website that
> lists PGP Mail clients?

What do you mean by fishy?  openpgp.org is maintained as a community
project by Dominik, one of the developers of Open Keychain.  Anyone
can suggest improvements, and 159 people have contributed over the
years.

  https://github.com/OpenPGP/openpgp.org/graphs/contributors

That hardly seems to be shady or suspicious.

I don't disagree that the text could use improvement.

Neal