get OpenPGP pubkeys authenticated using German personal ID

Alexander Leidinger Alexander at leidinger.net
Thu Jun 15 09:08:26 CEST 2023

Quoting Andre Heinecke via Gnupg-users <gnupg-users at gnupg.org> (from
Wed, 14 Jun 2023 10:22:36 +0200):

> Then I start the Windows App and it wants to connect either to the smartphone
> or to an NFC reader. The option to connect to a smartphone is not shown,
> because apparently as they need to be in the same WLAN it is not offered to
> connect them because the VM, which is running on my Laptop in the same WLAN
> does not see it as WLAN but as a network.

The Windows PC I used with the AusweisApp was connected via cable and
it worked. The WLAN and the cable network are in the same /24 range in
my case. So your problem was caused by something else than what you
thought.
I haven't done a packet trace, but I assume they do a broadcast
message in the local network, so if your VM is in e.g. a NATted
10.0.0.x/24 and your linux PC in 192.168.1.y/24, it will not work.

You can give it a try without going through the website.
     https://www.ausweisapp.bund.de/faq#c294

There's also a video tutorial, it seems:
     https://www.ausweisapp.bund.de/videotutorials

Some basic connection validation can be done via "Gerät und Ausweis
prüfen". Once this works you could try "Meine Daten einsehen".

Bye,
Alexander.

--
http://www.Leidinger.net Alexander at Leidinger.net: PGP 0x8F31830F9F2772BF