Management of background services with systemd

Guan Xin guanx.bac at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 02:01:32 CET 2023

On Thu, Mar 2, 2023 at 5:31 AM David Joaquín Shourabi Porcel
<david at djsp.eu> wrote:

> //snip
>
> I have experienced only one limitation: there is no convenient way for systemd to manage background processes for [ephemeral home directories][7], which I have been using extensively for my research & testing.

So it would be helpful if someone steps up to add systemd interface,
as long as it's cleanly decoupled from other parts of gnupg,
so that no extra effort is necessary from other developers,
and nothing is lost when gnupg is used on systems with service and log
management interfaces other than systemd.