No SSH public key authentication using smartcard

Bernd Naumann bernd at kr217.de
Sat Nov 25 20:10:25 CET 2023

On 25.11.23 13:24, Thomas Schneider via Gnupg-users wrote:
> Hello Stephan,
>
> thanks for your reply.
>
> When you say I should modify ~/.ssh/config, where is this file?
> On jumphost?
>
> Actually I have a working setup on Windows 10, but here I use another
> terminal emulator: MobaXterm.
> And in the settings of MobaXterm I enabled SSH forwarding.
>
> As of now I don't want to continue using MobaXterm on Windows 11, but
> using Windows Terminal.

Hey Stephan,

I can not answer where to find that file on windows, but the first hit
with google: https://stackoverflow.com/a/56536275

You can also set these options directly on the command line:
```
ssh -o IdentityAgent='%d/.gnupg/S.gpg-agent.ssh' -o
ProxyJump=jumpserver.example.net targethost.example.org
```

I'm not sure if you really have to set the IdentityAgent if your GPG and
SSH Agent Socket is setup correctly...

Do you see something with `ssh-add -L`? If yes, then you should not have
a need to set IdentityAgent for a Host. (Only if you have multiple
Agents or you have to specify it only for certain hosts etc etc but if
its your only Agent and you have no special requirements, then just
leave it out IF `ssh-add -L` shows you the key from your card.)

Good luck,
Bernd