Pinentry problem with different home dir

Falko Strenzke falko.strenzke at mtg.de
Wed Oct 25 13:01:39 CEST 2023

I am trying to run GnuPG with a different home directory by setting the
environment variable GNUPGHOME. However, in that case, for instance when
trying to generate a key, in that case I get the error

gpg: DBG: chan_4 <- ERR 67108949 No pinentry <GPG Agent>
gpg: agent_genkey failed: No pinentry
Key generation failed: No pinentry

I wonder what makes the difference. The only relevant files I found in
my normal home directory are those under ~/.gnupg. But there seems to be
no agent configuration file in that directory.

Can anyone give me an advice what I can try to get the GnuPG Agent
pinentry working with different home directory specified via GNUPGHOME?

- Falko

--

*MTG AG*
Dr. Falko Strenzke

Phone: +49 6151 8000 24
E-Mail: falko.strenzke at mtg.de
Web: mtg.de <https://www.mtg.de>

MTG AG - Dolivostr. 11 - 64293 Darmstadt, Germany
Commercial register: HRB 8901
Register Court: Amtsgericht Darmstadt
Management Board: Jürgen Ruf (CEO), Tamer Kemeröz
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Dr. Thomas Milde

This email may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If
you are not the correct recipient or have received this email in error,
please inform the sender immediately and delete this email. Unauthorised
copying or distribution of this email is not permitted.

Data protection information: Privacy policy
<https://www.mtg.de/en/privacy-policy>