S/MIME which certificate format

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Jun 20 11:07:00 CEST 2024

Hi Marco, hi Werner,

Am Dienstag 18 Juni 2024 08:44:00 schrieb Bernhard Reiter via Gnupg-users:
> > I can send you mine if you would like to test.
>
> At least I can try to import it and see what my version says.

did a test with Gpg4win, which print a different error message:

gpg (GnuPG) 2.4.5
libgcrypt 1.10.3

gpgsm --debug-all --import zert.crt

gpgsm: can't get authorityInfoAccess: No value
gpgsm: issuer certificate (#/CN=Sectigo RSA Client Authentication and Secure
Email CA,O=Sectigo Limited,L=Salford,ST=Greater Manchester,C=GB) not found

gpgsm: DBG: [no clock] keydb_insert_cert: enter (hd=0x006c3e38)
Oops, ksba_cert_get_image failed: imagelen=238  hdr=4 len=1523 off=0

gpgsm: DBG: [no clock] keydb_insert_cert: leave (err=General error)
gpgsm: error storing certificate: General error
gpgsm: DBG: [no clock] keydb_release: enter (hd=0x006c3e38)
gpgsm: DBG: [no clock] keydb_release: leave
gpgsm: error storing certificate

gpgsm: no issuer found in certificate

gpgsm: basic certificate checks failed - not imported
gpgsm: total number processed: 2

Marco, it makes sense to mail that certificate to Werner as well,
he is fastest to see where the error messages comes from.

Thanks
Bernhard

--
https://intevation.de/~bernhard   +49 541 33 508 3-3
Geschäftsführer: Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter