Upgrade woes

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Oct 1 12:15:56 CEST 2024

On Fri, 27 Sep 2024 09:23, Phillip Susi said:

> Then how do you convince the agent to work in a chroot?  At first it
> just keep saying inappropriate ioctl for the device.  I tried bind
> mounting /sys, /proc, /dev, and /dev/pts into the chroot and it changed

/var/run/user might also be a good idea.  Instead of doing a chroot you
may want to run the agent under different user and use the extra-socket
feature.  This will be quite some work to get it working but it better
secures your private keys than a chroot.

You may want to first tell us your goals and then we can see how it can
be achieved.  "running in a chroot" is nopt specific enough for useful
help.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner

--
The pioneers of a warless world are the youth that
refuse military service.             - A. Einstein