Text (non-binary) keyring format

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Sep 17 10:21:27 CEST 2024

On Mon, 16 Sep 2024 14:06, Jakob Bohm said:

> not the cryptographic validation.  Obvious solution at the time would
> have been to keep a hash table of file offsets for key fingerprints .

Which conflicted with the demand for having several keyring; actually we
once had experimental support for a hash table.  But because some sites
insisted on using several keyrings this did not worked very well.

With the keyboxd we finally started to drop support for several
keyrings.  Due to the ubiquity and maturity of SQLite keyboxd does not
anymore use a custom database but relies on SQLite.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner

--
The pioneers of a warless world are the youth that
refuse military service.             - A. Einstein