[gnutls-dev] Is 2MB too large for self tests? (was: Re: gnutls 1.1.15 -- (repost, for completeness, last try didn't show up))

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Sun Aug 22 16:42:12 CEST 2004

On Sun, 22 Aug 2004, Simon Josefsson wrote:

> The old test suite was ~600kb, but the new one is ~2MB, compressed.
> Do people feel this is too large?  It might be that both the old and
> the new test suite are useful, if so that would enlarge the package by
> ~2.6MB (compressed).

This seems fine to me.  Many people will receive the software as part
of a binary distribution and will never download the tests.  Those
that do build from source code should care that the software they just
built works correctly so providing the tests as part of the package is
clearly worth the extra download time.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn
bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us