[gnutls-dev] gnutls_certificate_client_set_select_function vs _set_retrieve_function

Nikos Mavroyanopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Wed Jul 28 12:03:37 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 28 July 2004 11:10, Gergely Nagy wrote:
> Hi!

> I have a program here that uses
> gnutls_certificate_client_set_select_function, which got deprecated, and
> produces a warning. I'd like to get rid of that warning and at the same
> time, allow those users who didn't upgrade their GnuTLS yet to compile
> my program even when only _set_select_function is available, and
> _set_retrieve_function is not.
This function is deprecated because it will not be available in gnutls 1.2.0
(when released). All gnutls 1.0.x releases will be backwards compatible
and will contain this function. If you just want to get rid of the warning you
may add #define DEPRECATED
before including gnutls.h.

> And while I'm here - do I get it right, that unlike
> _set_select_function, which I used every time I created a
> gnutls_session, I should only use _set_retrieve_function once, after
> setting up the credentials-foo?
Yes.

--
Nikos Mavroyanopoulos