[gnutls-dev] gnutls 1.0.21
jas at extundo.com
Thu Oct 7 01:54:45 CEST 2004
Hello. This release should fix a few problems.
There is at least one known problem, in that libgnutls uses
(v)snprintf, which is not portable. On the 1.1.x branch, I intend to
solve that (and similar issues) by using the gnulib portability files.
For 1.0.x, I'll accept a patch that rewrites the calls to snprintf to
do something else (looks feasible, only around 10 uncomplicated
calls), if someone strongly need this and is willing to do the work.
I do recommend moving to 1.1.x instead, though. Thanks to Yoann for
If I have forgotten something, please holler.
Btw, I have created a little tool to generate "recent CVS activity"
web pages, the page for gnutls CVS is available from:
I notice now that the page doesn't handle branches well. That is, it
mixes entries for 1.0.x and 1.1.x, which make things difficult to
read. And the tag entry seem to have a bad timestamp. O well.
Version 1.0.21 (07/10/2004)
- Fix memory leak in gnutls_certificate_verify_peers and
gnutls_certificate_free_credentials, report and patch by Simon
Posnjak <simon.posnjak at cetrtapot.si>.
- Fix crash in `certtool --to-p12 --load-privkey foo', i.e. exporting
a key and no certificate to PKCS#12.
- Fix objdir != srcdir builds, reported by "Gerrit P. Haase"
<gp at familiehaase.de>.
- Avoid redefining getpass if system already has it, reported by
Yoann Vandoorselaere <yoann at prelude-ids.org>.
- Add new example "ex-rfc2818" for certificate verification, from Nikos.
- Known bug: the library require snprintf.
More information about the Gnutls-devel