[gnutls-dev] Re: oops - slightly more patch for libtasn (0.2.17)

Simon Josefsson jas at extundo.com
Fri Jan 27 13:44:21 CET 2006

Bernard Leak <bernard at brenda-arkle.demon.co.uk> writes:

> Dear List,
>                  I now find that I never ran the testsuite for libtasn
> before submitting
> the previous patch.  Here are the associated changes to the testsuite.
> Unfortunately, I can't find an elegant way of prepending a path in the test
> sources, so the top-level Test_parser.c and Test_tree.c files are now
> generated from .in files by configure, using AC_SUBST(srcdir) .  The
> "obvious" alternative - with a -D define - is actually no better, because
> I'd still have to modify the sources, and I can't find a clean way to adjoin
> anything to the DEFS variable in a local fashion.  Rather than play hob
> with the build rules, I make configure do the work.
>
> Note that the .c files disappear, and reappear as .c.in files, with slight
> changes.  That's because there I don't know a graceful way of renaming files
> in CVS.
>
> Apologies for all the horrors: these very small and simple changes were
> surprisingly burdensome.  Explanations of how to do this sort of thing
> elegantly would be very welcome!
>
> The attached patch is my "working" patch, so it includes the previous patch
> changes.   It now includes patches (not really wanted for the CVS tree)
> for both configure and Makefile.in .

Hi Bernard!  I fixed this in a different way: I made automake define
two environment variables for the filename, and then used 'getenv'
inside the program to find out the filename to read.  GnuTLS uses a
similar approach.  I'd appreciate if you would test the latest CVS.
It builds fine here with objdir != srcdir.  I have made a release
candidate of 0.2.18 available:

http://josefsson.org/libtasn1/rc/libtasn1-0.2.18.tar.gz

Please test it!  If there is no reports, I'll release it in a few
days.

Thanks,
Simon