[gnutls-dev] Fixing OpenPGP keyring import

Timo Schulz twoaday at gmx.net
Wed Apr 18 09:03:10 CEST 2007

Simon Josefsson wrote:

> Yeah, I'd go with 2) or
>
> 3) Create cdk_keydb_new_base64 that works like cdk_keydb_new but takes
> a text keydb.

I've to admit that I did not look in the code for a lot of time (gnutls
openpgp). If the code uses a buffer and thus CDK_DBTYPE_DATA, it is true
that no base64 decoding is done. I guess the best solution is to add
this feature to the keydb.c code. This would not break any existing
interfaces. I will do it and backport the changes to 0.5.13.
Is this ok for you?

> Timo's recent work break the API/ABI though, so I'm not sure how soon
> GnuTLS will start to use the new OpenCDK APIs, or how the migration
> will happen.  We'll probably should discuss that here.

Actually not that much changed and most of the changes were for other
operations (bulk encryption, ...). I know it's bad to break existing
API's but it needed to be done eventually and I thought sooner would
be better.

But I've agree that we should discuss how to do the migration. On the
other hand it's a lot of work to backport patches or to merge them with
HEAD. Plus I fixed a lot of minor problems and mem leaks and thus I
think it would be a good idea to start the migration soon as possible.
Of course it's up to you to decide this, but this is my suggestion.

	Timo