[gnutls-dev] Guile needs 1.8?

Ludovic Courtès ludo at chbouib.org
Sun Jun 17 19:56:19 CEST 2007

Hi,

Simon Josefsson <simon at josefsson.org> writes:

> ludovic.courtes at laas.fr (Ludovic Courtès) writes:

>> I'll add a more reliable test anyway.

See attached patch: It basically uses Guile's `version' procedure to
check whether we are using 1.8 or later.

> Perhaps a test for the feature that seems to break things here?
> SCM_API, scm_t_bits, or whatever it might have been.

No.  Those types and macros are actually defined in 1.6 as well.  It
just turned out that for some reason their definitions were not visible.

Anyway, such a feature test wouldn't help since 1.6 and 1.8 are
significantly different API-wise.

BTW, I think it should be possible to install both Debian packages
side-by-side, except the `-dev' packages.

Thanks,
Ludovic.