[gnutls-dev] Guile problems in 1.7.12

Ludovic Courtès ludo at gnu.org
Fri Jun 29 20:49:40 CEST 2007

Hi Simon,

Simon Josefsson <simon at josefsson.org> writes:

> Thanks.  I've now built installed guile-1.8.1 locally and was able to
> reproduce the problem.

Thanks, cool.

> I re-read the automake manual on this, and it says:
>
> `maude_LIBADD'

[...]

> `maude_LDADD'

[...]

> This suggests to me that we shouldn't use LDFLAGS at all for any -lguile
> -L/usr/local/lib stuff, and I installed the following patch.

The quoted part of the manual does not mention the `maude_LDFLAGS'
variable.  I was suggesting in <874pldi4l3.fsf at chbouib.org> to use
`_LDFLAGS', not `_LIBADD' nor `_LDADD'.

The manual isn't very verbose about `_LDFLAGS' actually:

  `maude_LDFLAGS'
       This variable is used to pass extra flags to the link step of a
       program or a shared library.

Nevertheless, `$(GUILE_LDFLAGS)' probably logically belongs in
`_LDFLAGS' rather than `_LDADD' or `_LIBADD'.

> Does this work for you?

Yes it does!

But using `_LDFLAGS' might be nicer...  :-)

Thanks!

Ludovic.