[gnutls-dev] Porting bug fixes to 1.6.x

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Sat May 26 23:20:26 CEST 2007

Hi Ludovic.  I am sorry these patches didn't make it for 1.6.3, but I
had to cut the line somewhere, and I felt these hadn't been reviewed
sufficiently for back-porting yet.  We can still make a 1.6.4 soon if
you want.

ludovic.courtes at laas.fr (Ludovic Courtès) writes:

>> This one seems too big...  I think we could start pre-testing of 1.7.x
>> targetting a stable 1.8.0 soon instead.
>
> Yeah, if you think time has come, then that would be easier.

Yes, I think we should push out 1.8.0 (or 2.0.0) within a few weeks or
so, if we can settle all open issues with it.  Perhaps that would be
sufficient, and you don't need 1.6.x with (only some of) the OpenPGP
fixes?  1.8 will contain the new OpenCDK 0.6.x and all the fixes.

>> It didn't work out with Savannah for now (they don't want to mirror
>> other git repositories), but I'm working on getting a mirror up at
>> repo.or.cz now.
>
> Alright.
>
> I'd like to have the Guile bindings integrated by the time you release
> 1.8.  So I'll start the integration work from your Git repository when
> it's available.

The git repository at repo.or.cz is what I'm using for 1.7.x development
now, so you could start right now.  I don't really know much about git
though, so when you are done, you'll probably have to tell me what
commands to invoke, or we'll have to experiment, so I can pull your
changes from you into my git archive.

Btw, having the guile bindings be part of 1.8 is a good idea.  I think
it should be a blocking milestone for it.  So now my todo-list for 1.8
is:

* Integrate Guile bindings.

* Fix sign callback API to be per-credential rather than per-session.

* Check copyright papers for everyone who contributed during the 1.7.x
  phase (I opportunistically installed some fixes after confirming with
  authors that they were sending copyright assignments, although I have
  not verified that the assignment were actually received).

* Make sure the stuff in the GIT repository (i.e., all recent work) is
  available through CVS, either through back-ports to the old server or
  a git-cvsserver approach.

/Simon