[gnutls-dev] Symmetric cipher API

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Sun Nov 18 22:12:25 CET 2007

Recently I converted some code that uses OpenSSL's EVP_CIPHER symmetric
cipher API. I wrote a wrapper that mapped the following functions to their
gcrypt equivalents: EVP_CIPHER_CTX_init(), EVP_CIPHER_CTX_cleanup(),
EVP_(Encrypt|Decrypt)Init_ex(), EVP_(Encrypt|Decrypt)Update(), and
EVP_(Encrypt|Decrypt)Final_ex().

If you are interested, I'll be happy to contribute this code. I also thought
that it's better to make this a native libgcrypt API. This should be only a
matter of renaming the function names and arguments to follow libgcrypt's
naming conventions, and all the EVP function become now just some
lightweight wrappers (or probably even macros).