libtasn1-1.6 removed libtasn1-config though gnutls still uses it

Daniel Black dragonheart at gentoo.org
Fri Nov 14 12:13:37 CET 2008

On Fri, 14 Nov 2008 08:56:17 pm Simon Josefsson wrote:
> Daniel Black <dragonheart at gentoo.org> writes:
> > from the gnutls-2.6.2
> > checking for libtasn1-config... no
> > checking for libtasn1 - version >= 0.3.4... no
> > *** The libtasn1-config script installed by LIBTASN1 could not be found
>
> Ouch.
>
> > can I request  libtasn1-config be reinstated until phased out by other
> > things that use it?
>
> Sure, we'll add it until gnutls 2.7.x has been released stable, it
> doesn't use libtasn1-config anymore.  Do you know of any other software
> that uses libtasn1-config?

of all the gentoo packages that depend on libtasn1 only gnome-keyring-2.22.
{2,3} did use libtasn1-config

There's no bug reports about including using pkgconfig for later versions on
gnome-keyring,

> Given that the libtasn1 master branch introduces an ABI break,

is it an API break as well? I think I saw from the discussion it was.

> I think
> we'll need a libtasn1 1.7 that only re-adds the libtasn1-config stuff.
> I'll see if I can prepare one today.

thankyou.

--
Daniel Black <dragonheart at gentoo.org>