GnuTLS 2.7.10 - release candidate 2 of GnuTLS 2.8.0

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Wed May 13 19:31:11 CEST 2009

The GnuTLS 2.8.0 release is getting closer; no major problem has been
feedback in 2.7.9 so far.  This is a second release candidate.  Please
test this as if it were the new stable release.  If I don't hear any
complains about regressions compared to 2.6.x I will release this as
2.8.0 within two weeks.

Here are the compressed sources:
  http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/gnutls/gnutls-2.7.10.tar.bz2 (5.9MB)
  ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/gnutls/gnutls-2.7.10.tar.bz2

Here is the OpenPGP signature:
  http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/gnutls/gnutls-2.7.10.tar.bz2.sig
  ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/gnutls/gnutls-2.7.10.tar.bz2.sig

The Windows binary installer and PGP signature:
  http://josefsson.org/gnutls4win/gnutls-2.7.10.exe (15MB)
  http://josefsson.org/gnutls4win/gnutls-2.7.10.exe.sig

A ZIP archive containing the Windows binaries:
  http://josefsson.org/gnutls4win/gnutls-2.7.10.zip (5.3MB)
  http://josefsson.org/gnutls4win/gnutls-2.7.10.zip.sig

A Debian mingw32 package is also available:
  http://josefsson.org/gnutls4win/mingw32-gnutls_2.7.10-1_all.deb (4.8MB)

Improving GnuTLS is costly, but you can help!  We are looking for
organizations that find GnuTLS useful and wish to contribute back.  You
can contribute by reporting bugs, improve the software, or donate money
or equipment.

Commercial support contracts for GnuTLS are available, and they help
finance continued maintenance.  Simon Josefsson Datakonsult AB, a
Stockholm based privately held company, is currently funding GnuTLS
maintenance.  We are always looking for interesting development
projects.  See http://josefsson.org/ for more details.

/Simon

* Version 2.7.10 (released 2009-05-13)

** examples: Now released into the public domain.
This makes the license of the example code compatible with more
licenses, including the (L)GPL.

** minitasn1: Internal copy updated to libtasn1 v2.1.
GnuTLS should work fine with libtasn1 v1.x and that is still
supported.

** libgnutls: Fix crash in signature verification
The fix for the CVE-2009-1415 problem wasn't merged completely.

** doc: Fixes for GTK-DOC output.

** API and ABI modifications:
No changes since last version.