TLS Inner Application?

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Wed Feb 9 12:28:18 CET 2011

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 10:32 AM, Jouni Malinen <jkmalinen at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 7:51 PM, Simon Josefsson <simon at josefsson.org> wrote:
>> Thanks for information.  Do you know if you managed to do interop of
>> TLS/IA with anyone else?  I'm wondering if there is still some people
>> interested in the draft version of TLS/IA.
> I'm not aware of any other implementation of EAP-TTLSv1.
> I think I would like to see where IETF emu working group goes with the
> tunnel-based method development this year since at least in theory,
> EAP-TTLSv1 would be a possible submission into that process. However,
> once that is done and assuming EAP-TTLSv1 was not selected as a basis
> for it, there may be quite a bit less interest in TLS/IA in the future
> from EAP view point.

Currently I have removed the TLS/IA implementation from what is to become
3.0.0 release, on the basis that the protocol itself is not published (and there
is no indication that somebody plans to do it). Would submitting EAP-TTLSv1
to that process mean that somebody would revive the TLS/IA draft, or could
they even modifying the method completely to avoid TLS/IA?
(is there anyone to contact about that?)

In any case the version to be released (2.12.x) will have this functionality
available but marked as deprecated. If the protocol revives I'll add the
functionality back to the development branch as well.