[gnutls-devel] GNUTLS is not going anywhere

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Dec 13 10:01:40 CET 2012

On Thu, 13 Dec 2012 04:49, eliz at gnu.org said:

> With all due respect to the involved parties: since you discuss this
> on a public list, may I ask to please publish the reasons for this
> schism?  It is sad enough to read about such unfortunate incidents in

I can't speak for Nikos, but there are pretty obvious reasons knowable
to all GNU maintainers.  I don't know whether you, as GDB maintainer,
are subscribed and follow gnu-prog-discuss at gnu.org.  We had a long
discussion a year ago about the way the GNU project is managed and first
of all about all of the secrecy involved there.  The occasion was a
request to have at least an open archive of the g-p-d list, so that
non-GNU hackers would be able to learn about architectural discussions
pertaining to the GNU project.  Recently another discussion popped up
which again was turned down by Mr. Stallman with his usual habit of, the
king has spoken and you have to stop this discussion.  This time it was
on whether we are allowed to discuss on that still _internal list_ about
possible loopholes in the GPL.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner