[gnutls-devel] GNUTLS is not going anywhere

Eli Zaretskii eliz at gnu.org
Thu Dec 13 18:52:39 CET 2012

> From: Werner Koch <wk at gnupg.org>
> Cc: Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos <nmav at gnutls.org>,  karl at gnu.org,  gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org,  rms at gnu.org,  johns at gnu.org
> Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 10:01:40 +0100
>
> I can't speak for Nikos, but there are pretty obvious reasons knowable
> to all GNU maintainers.

I doubt that "obvious" and "knowable to all" are appropriate here,
since you explain below the relevant discussions were closed.

> I don't know whether you, as GDB maintainer, are subscribed and
> follow gnu-prog-discuss at gnu.org.

I'm not.  Being subscribed there is a privilege, not an obligation.

> We had a long discussion a year ago about the way the GNU project is
> managed and first of all about all of the secrecy involved there.
> The occasion was a request to have at least an open archive of the
> g-p-d list, so that non-GNU hackers would be able to learn about
> architectural discussions pertaining to the GNU project.  Recently
> another discussion popped up which again was turned down by
> Mr. Stallman with his usual habit of, the king has spoken and you
> have to stop this discussion.  This time it was on whether we are
> allowed to discuss on that still _internal list_ about possible
> loopholes in the GPL.

Sorry, but since these were closed discussions, I really cannot say
anything intelligent about them.  I'm surprised that you expect me to
know their contents somehow.

Anyway, Nikos answered my question directly, for which I'm grateful.