[gnutls-devel] Failed to compile current git (3.4.0)

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Thu Dec 4 20:19:20 CET 2014

On Thu, 2014-12-04 at 18:21 +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos <nmav at gnutls.org> skribis:
>
> >  That functionality was dropped from the C library but not yet from
> > the guile one. I'm CCing Ludo who is maintaining it.
>
> Right, I’m maintaining this part, but you’re maintaining the whole
> package.

Hi,
 I don't know scheme and I have no plans or resources to maintain the
guile code. I can simply ping you if there is an issue.

>   Nikos: could you make sure you compile the Guile bindings, so
> we address this sort of issues before users stumble upon them?
> At the Guile level, I would like to still export the Scheme procedure
> equivalent to ‘gnutls_rsa_params_export_pkcs1’, marking it as
> deprecated.
> How would you recommend to do that?

These functions have been deprecated since very long time and they are
now useless as gnutls since 3.2.0 doesn't support RSA-EXPORT at all. My
suggestion would be to keep the functions if you want to keep some ABI
compatibility and simply return an error or so.