[gnutls-devel] Nettle 3.0 merges count_high/count_low into 64-bit count in many cases

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Mon Jun 9 09:44:36 CEST 2014

On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 12:27 AM, Joel Bion <jpbion at jfwest.com> wrote:
> This makes GnuTLS no longer compile:
>   CC       sha-padlock.lo
> In file included from sha-padlock.c:29:0:
> sha-padlock.c: In function 'padlock_sha1_update':
> sha-padlock.c:81:46: error: 'struct sha1_ctx' has no member named
> 'count_high'
>   MD_UPDATE(ctx, length, data, SHA1_COMPRESS, MD_INCR(ctx));
> ...look at /usr/include/nettle/sha1.h to see the definition of sha1_ctx
> Looks like some of the GnuTLS code that assumes the count is in two parts
> needs to deal with the fact it now is in one part?

Hello,
 Most probably the code needs to be updated or we could just copy
these definitions from the older nettle. Nettle 3.0 broke API and ABI
and porting gnutls to it would take some time. As its API and ABI
aren't stable yet and there are no new features we urgently need from
it, porting to it is not on my immediate plans.