[gnutls-devel] TCP Fast Open

Tim Ruehsen tim.ruehsen at gmx.de
Tue Jul 12 17:33:59 CEST 2016

Hi,

I just wanted to mention that I recently added TFO in Wget2 using GnuTLS
(tested on Linux, speedup ~ 1xRTT).

Is there any interest in a gnutls_ helper function ?

What I do now is setting my own vec_push function + transport pointer.
In the vec_push function I use sendmsg() with MSG_FASTOPEN and fallback to
connect/writev on errno=EOPNOTSUPP (ups, just see that I didn't test the
fallback yet). At this point we need the sockaddr + sockaddrlen of the socket
descriptor.

From here on I set the vec_push function and the transport pointer 'back to
normal', which is writev and a socket descriptor.

If there is interest, what would be the best place to add a function for this
?
It should be something like
gnutls_transport_set_int_tfo(tcp->ssl_session, tcp->sockfd, sockaddr *addr,
socklen_t *addrlen);

Or is there any way retrieve addr/addrlen from the socket descriptor ?

Regards, Tim