[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | With TLS 1.3 enabled, gnutls_handshake() succeeds in client when client fails to send required certificate (#615)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Sat Nov 17 17:38:28 CET 2018

> I don't understand at all. If `gnutls_record_recv()` is interrupted, then the documentation says I have to call `gnutls_record_get_direction()`. (Which we cannot do in glib-networking, but let's pretend.) Then what am I supposed to do with the result of `gnutls_record_get_direction()` before calling `gnutls_record_recv()` again?

That's to assist in selecting the flags for poll or select, or whichever way you'll figure that the channel is open for the direction it is expected. That is, indeed you'll call it again, but it tries to say when that should be.

Nice catch about the threaded case. Would you like to propose an update on that text?