[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | gnutls_priority_set in post client hello function breaks handshake for clients with TLS versions < 1.3 (#580)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Sun Oct 7 08:56:46 CEST 2018

Unfortunately not; processing happens while parsing, so there is no other possible hook. Note that re-implementing the extension/SNI parsing, is not really an issue as you can re-use the same functions use to parse the extensions by gnutls. The drawback as you say could be encrypted SNI (when supported by gnutls), but we can export the required functionality to ease that task. The disadvantage is that such support will not be transparent, but anyway I doubt that the deployment of encrypted SNI can come without any changes as the proposed protocol is now.