[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | WIP: RFC7250 Raw public keys (!650)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Tue Oct 30 19:34:41 CET 2018

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos commented on a discussion on lib/includes/gnutls/gnutls.h.in:

>  			        unsigned idx,
>  			        gnutls_datum_t * response);
>
> +/* RAW public key functions (RFC7250) */
> +#ifdef ENABLE_RAWPK
> +int gnutls_certificate_set_rawpk_keypair(gnutls_certificate_credentials_t cred,
> +				    const gnutls_pubkey_t subjectPublicKeyInfo,
> +				    const gnutls_privkey_t key);
> +
> +int gnutls_certificate_set_rawpk_keypair_raw(gnutls_certificate_credentials_t cred,

Following existing conventions is of course what I'd also recommend. About renaming it's quite complex to do any existing function renames in order to achieve API and ABI compatibility (goal is not to break ABI anytime soon). Unless there is a serious issue I'd suggest against it because it creates quite some ugly situation on the back-end that is only resolved with an ABI breakage. Maybe we can record possible renames in an issue for future reference for when an ABI break is planned.