[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | WIP: RFC7250 Raw public keys (!650)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Sun Sep 16 18:20:40 CEST 2018

Tom commented on a discussion on lib/includes/gnutls/gnutls.h.in:

>  			        unsigned idx,
>  			        gnutls_datum_t * response);
>
> +/* RAW public key functions (RFC7250) */
> +#ifdef ENABLE_RAWPK

I thought that while raw pk adds extra functionality on top of regular TLS people might want to be able to disable it. Whether we are able to do so also depends on how we integrate this functionality. If we have a separate API (like I have now) than that would be easy but if we use the X.509 API and add some flags (as you propose at the bottom) than making this functionality conditional becomes more difficult. In general I think it is nice to be able to select what features you want. What are your thoughts on having this functionality conditional?