[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | GNUTLS_CPUID_OVERRIDE does not have any impact on performance (#566)
Development of GNU's TLS library
gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Mon Sep 17 16:24:34 CEST 2018
1. Customer increased the encryption key size required during the Diffie-Hellman session key exchange, from 1024 bits to 2048 bits. Most of the time was spent on DH Computation. But could not reproduce 20 folds as said by the customer.
2. For constant input client requests =3000 ,DH=2048 , the Cpu-Busy-Time clearly jumped from 15.43 sec to 128.98 sec an approx 9x increase .
3. For constant input client requests =3000 , DH=2048 ,the Turn around time clearly jumped from 7.4 Minutes to 24.9 Minutes an approx 3.3x increase .
4. Using different ciphers and hashalgoritms AES-256-CBC-SHA256, AES-256-CBC-SHA1 is not making much difference .
5. gmp function __gmpn_addmul_1 alone uses 51.35% of the total processing tim for DH=1024.
6, gmp function __gmpn_addmul_1 alone uses 81.46% of the total processing time for DH= 2048
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitLab: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/issues/566#note_101919624
You're receiving this email because of your account on gitlab.com.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Gnutls-devel