[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | consider using an alternative build system (#320)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Mon Dec 30 14:08:50 CET 2019

Tim Rühsen commented:

> 4.5seconds sounds like not gnutls!

Cached. But the configure runs in the CI are also cached. I use (automatically) different caches for different CC and CFLAGS.
I have `CONFIG_SITE=/home/tim/src/config.site` in my `~/.bashrc`.
The contents of `config.site` are
```
# load rm and cat loadable modules to bash
if [ -n "$BASH" ]; then
  enable -f ~/src/bash/examples/loadables/rm rm
  enable -f ~/src/bash/examples/loadables/cat cat
fi

if test "$cache_file" = /dev/null; then
  hash=`echo $CXX $CXXFLAGS $CFLAGS $LDFLAGS $host_alias $build_alias|md5sum|cut -d' ' -f1`
  cache_file="/home/tim/src/config.cache.$CC.$hash"
fi
```

The bash plugins are just to give another small boost of 1-3 seconds. You can comment those out, if you don't have the loadables installed or built. Debian doesn't provide them, maybe Fedora does !?