[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | Update m4/ax_code_coverage.m4 (!905)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Mon Feb 4 15:10:27 CET 2019

The main issue is that `our m4/ax_code_coverage.m4` gets overwritten during `./bootstrap`:
```
aclocal: overwriting 'm4/ax_code_coverage.m4' with '/usr/share/aclocal/ax_code_coverage.m4'
```

In our CI images there is no `autoconf-archive`, so the file doesn't get overwritten. And even if we install `autoconf-archive`, `ax_code_coverage.m4` is compatible or identical (version 25) in Fedora and Debian images.

The new 2019 version 33 of `ax_code_coverage.m4` needs other macros from `autoconf-archive`. So if we that file in our repo, we also need a 2019 version of `autoconf-archive` due to the above mentioned overwriting.

I currently don't know how to prevent the overwriting. If we can solve that, we could possibly have code like this in configure.ac:
```
m4_ifdef([CODE_COVERAGE_RULES], [], [
  CODE_COVERAGE_RULES = "include $(top_srcdir)/aminclude_static.am"
  AC_SUBST([CODE_COVERAGE_RULES])
])
```

and leave `Makefile.am` as is.

Any idea ? What does your patch look like ?